Post Graduate Diploma in Management
This is the flagship programme of the Institute, comparable to the MBA level programmes of premier business schools in India and abroad. While the programme is based on the standard model of management education as practised by our peers, our programme is distinguished by its rigour and discipline. The Institute has created an environment where the faculty demand and get the extra work and students demand the latest from the faculty. The programme updates its syllabus regularly to reflect the changes and challenges in business environment.
The two-year programme is designed to prepare competent men and women for careers in management in the corporate sector and in public systems.
The courses impart a generalist perspective, which will enable students to view the entirety of an organisation as well as its place in a larger environment. The students are also trained in technical and functional business skills such as accounting, finance, marketing and production; and are helped to develop their analytical and integrative skills so that they can define problems with clarity and formulate alternative solutions for implementation.
Besides professional expertise our emphasis is on training students for collaboration and teamwork through the development of human relation skills, and of attitudes which elicit a commitment to excellence along with awareness of their social and ethical responsibility.
It is hoped that the future manager will become a powerful force for socio-economic change and progress.
The Institute aims at broadening the knowledge base of the students for making them fit in facing the real life challenges with much of confidence and pride. There is dual specialization to suit the present globalised economic scenario. Almost all specializations are available.
|Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Planning
• Compensation Management
• Performance Management
• Industrial Law
• Training & Development
• Human Resource Development
• Organizational Change and Development
• Cross Cultural & Global HRM
|Accounting & Financial Management
• Security Analyses and Portfolio Management
• Financial Services
• International Finance
• Insurance and banking Management
• Financial Derivatives
• Financial Institutions and Financial Markets
• Merger & Acquisition
• Corporate Tax Management
• Principle and Practice of Management
• Quantitative Methods and Techniques
• Organizational Behavior
• Managerial Economics
• Financial Accounting
• Presentation Techniques
• Marketing Management
• Presentation Techniques Lab
• Business Research
• Human Resource Management
• Introduction to Project Management
• Financial Management
• Information Technology Basics and Applications
• Strategic Management
• Cost and Management Accounting
• Economic and Social Environment for Business
• Cost and Management Accounting
• Economics Environment of Business
• Business Communication
• Business Law
• Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
|Sales & Marketing Management
• Consumer Behaviour
• Sales and Distribution Management
• Product and Brand Management
• Advertising Management
• Services Marketing
• Retail Management
• International Marketing
• Pharmaceutical Marketing
IT & Knowledge Management
• Decision Support Systems
• Programming in C With Data Structures
• Relational Database Management System
• Software Engineering
• Object Oriented Programming with Java.
• System Analysis & Design
• Information Security & Risk Management
• Project Planning and Control
• Manufacturing Planning and Control
• Supply Chain Management
• Project Appraisals
• Material Management
• Service Operation Mgt.
• Quality Management
• Management of Physical Assets
The minimum qualification for admission into this program is Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. The candidates pursuing final year graduation and expecting their result by August 31,2014 can also apply.
The selection will be made on the basis of scores of CMAT/MAT/XAT/OJEE followed by G.D. & P.I, which will be conducted at Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Jamshedpur, Guwahati, Raipur, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi and other parts of the country. The date for G.D. & P.I. will be declared later.
How To Apply ?
A candidate can APPLY ONLINE to I.I.M.T. by logging on to http://www.iimt.ac.in for registration. Complete instructions for online application are available at this website.
A candidate can also purchase the application form & Info-bulletin by sending the application fee and the same can be submitted to I.I.M.T by post.
The candidate applying through online will send a mail to confirm the acceptance of the application form for admission 2014.
Attested photocopies in duplicates of the following documents and photographs are to be submitted along with the application. The final year graduating students are required to submit the Class X pass certificate and photograph with an undertaking to submit the degree pass mark sheet/certificate by August 31,2014.
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Degree Certificates (Provisional acceptable)
- Degree / PG Mark Sheet
- College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate from the institute last attended
- Recent colored pass port size(5nos.) photographs (To be submitted at the time of admission)
(All Original certificates and mark sheets will be verified and the original C.L.C shall be submitted to the Institute at the time of admission)